Do you have a question about health and social care services in your area?
Would you like to give your views about your experiences of an NHS service?
Do you want to complain about an NHS service you have received?
Healthwatch represents your views about NHS Health and Social care services, making sure services are held to account, and demanding action where it is needed. Healthwatch makes sure your views are listened to and valued, so that our health services improve in the way they should.
Healthwatch England works with local Healthwatch services so that everyone has a voice.
In East Hampshire, your local Healthwatch is Healthwatch Hampshire.
Healthwatch Hampshire is an independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public on local NHS health and social care services.
Whether it's improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow, local Healthwatch is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local NHS health and social care services.
What does Healthwatch Hampshire do?
- represents local people’s views about local NHS health and care services on the Health and Wellbeing Boards set up by local authorities
- helps people find out about local NHS health and care services, how to access them and how to find their way round the system
- reports concerns about the quality of NHS health and social care services to Healthwatch England, which can then recommend that the Care Quality Commission take action
- Provides an Advocacy service for people who need help with NHS Complaints
Where do we fit in at Citizens Advice?
East Hampshire Citizens Advice provides a face to face service as part of Healthwatch Hampshire and can:
- give you the information you need about health and social care services
- We can tell you how to make a complaint about an NHS service or one of our advocates can help you through the complaints process.
- Listen and record your story to feed into the Healthwatch Hampshire research so that the NHS can learn and make long term improvements.
By phone to the helpline 01962 440262 or telephone your local Citizens Advice service
Find out more about Healthwatch